Contributing to MellowPlayer¶
Reporting bugs or Wishes¶
Report any bugs you encountered or any wishes on our issue tracker.
If you’re reporting a bug, make sure to provide the following information:
- Information about your Operating system (e.g. Windows 8.1, Mac OSX Yosemite,…). If you’re on Linux, you’ll need to specify the name of the distribution and the desktop environment you’re using and whether you’re using a native package or the AppImage.
- The music streaming service that you were using when you encountered the bug if related to a specific streaming service.
- A clear description of the bug with steps to reproduce.
- You should use English to describe your issue. French is also accepted.
- Paste the application log between triple backquotes
(About > Show Logs).
Setting up a development environment¶
Read the how to setup page of the wiki
Submitting a pull request¶
Here are the steps you need to follow to start working on MellowPlayer and submit your work for evaluation or integration into the main project:
- Fork the Repo on github.
- Create a feature or a bugfix branch before you start coding.
- Add your name to AUTHORS.md
- Format the code using
scripts/beautify.py(run it from the root source directory).
- Push to your fork and submit a pull request to the develop branch.
Adding support for a new service¶
- Create a new plugin using the wizard (see http://mellowplayer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developers/plugins.html#create-a-new-plugin)
metadata.ini(add correct url, name, version,…)
description.htmlto describe the streaming service
- Customise logo.svg
- Implement the needed functions in
- Once your plugin works, submit a pull request to the develop branch.
Adding/Updating a new translation¶
MellowPlayer translations are hosted on transifex
- Create an account at transifex
- Go to the project’s homepage and click on the “Join the team” button
- If the language you want to work on does not exists yet, send us a language request. Once the request has been accepted, a new translation file for the requested language will be created automatically by transifex.
- To actually start translating, go to the project’s home page on transifex and click on the tr